How to save Meta Data with .gif in PS CS3?

P
Posted By
Pixelcrazee
Aug 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello…..
Does anybody know how to save the meta data/XMP with a .gif file from Photoshop CS3 Extended?
In Image ready there was an "add meta data" button to click and it was saved along with the .gif…there is nothing like that in CS3. How do I do it please????

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Aug 26, 2007
Please explain why you want to save metadata with your compressed GIF images, and exactly what data you need to attach to the image.
P
Pixelcrazee
Aug 26, 2007
Not that it should matter……but I make gif animations and I like to put my name and contact details in…
so other who make ani’s also, can see who made it.
If I come across an animation I can find who made it by checking the meta data. Its good for CR protection.
P
Phosphor
Aug 26, 2007
"Its good for CR protection."

Think this through a little more.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 26, 2007
I don’t have CS3 but I’ll take a guess. In the Save for Web dialog there should be a little flyout triangle on the right, with a menu item: Edit Output Settings. There is a dropdown item in there called Saving Files. My guess is that that’s where it would be if anywhere.
P
Pixelcrazee
Aug 27, 2007
That was the first place I looked….there is no option for it. The info is included with PNG and JPG files automatically it seems.. but not with .gif’s 🙁

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections