N
Posted By
nakey2
Apr 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I came into work Monday and started up Photoshop and the layers were acting like Illustator. (I didn’t click in the layers dialog box for a layer to be active, they would just become active if I clicked on the layer in the picture…this is really annoying to me since I have multiple layers in one file. Does anyone know how to fix this? I looked in preferences, but didn’t see anything that would be related to this.

Thank you,
Nikki

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AM
Andrew Morton
Apr 15, 2004
Move tool? Uncheck the Auto Select Layer box.

Andrew
T
tom187
Apr 15, 2004
(nikki) wrote:

I came into work Monday and started up Photoshop and the layers were acting like Illustator. (I didn’t click in the layers dialog box for a layer to be active, they would just become active if I clicked on the layer in the picture…this is really annoying to me since I have multiple layers in one file. Does anyone know how to fix this? I looked in preferences, but didn’t see anything that would be related to this.

There’s a two-part solution. First, click on the move tool and from the Options Bar unselect "Auto-select Layers." Second, stop letting others use your workstation when you’re out of the office. 😉 ——————————-
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections