JT
Posted By
Jeanne_Tifft
Aug 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Prompted by an email from the developer, I installed another tool for keeping PC disks clean called Window Washer. (I have Symantec, Spy Sweeper, and CCleaner, so it was probably overkill anyway.) Thereafter both Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Bridge lost my preferences each time the PC was shut down. Submitted a ticket to support.webroot.com, no reply. Uninstalled WW yesterday and this morning both PS and AB behaved as usual: my preferences were there as they should be. Updated my ticket & said they should fix this conflict.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 23, 2007
Always close Photoshop before shutting down your PC. That is a very common cause of Preferences being reset without you wanting them to be.

I don’t know about Window Washer. I am very suspicious of anything from Symantec and won’t have their stuff on my machines.
FN
Fred_Nirque
Aug 23, 2007
Try setting the preferences in WW properly. You’ve asked it to clear Adobe settings – uncheck the Adobe Photoshop box in the Wash Setup>Custom Wash Items.

Alternately, uncheck the "Include in Wash" box at top right of the Custom Wash window and avoid any future surprises in other programs that no doubt you’ve already inflicted yourself with.

There’s nothing wrong with Window Washer, like all programs you have to set it up properly to your requirements.

I know it’s an old saying, but RTFM. Sorry, no sympathy.
A
andycat
Aug 24, 2007
Actually, the last two versions of Window Washer have had bugs that wiped preferences even if you set it up. Each time a fix came out almost immediately. I haven’t upgraded for a while, so I don’t know what version they’re on now, but once they get the bugs worked out, it’s a good application.

wrote in message
Try setting the preferences in WW properly. You’ve asked it to clear Adobe settings – uncheck the Adobe Photoshop box in the Wash Setup>Custom Wash Items.

Alternately, uncheck the "Include in Wash" box at top right of the Custom Wash window and avoid any future surprises in other programs that no doubt you’ve already inflicted yourself with.

There’s nothing wrong with Window Washer, like all programs you have to set it up properly to your requirements.

I know it’s an old saying, but RTFM. Sorry, no sympathy.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections