CW
Posted By
Camilla_Whitney
Aug 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m running Photoshop 7.0 on Windows XP.

When I open Photoshop, it loads up the presets, color profiles, fonts and all that. Then, in the moment when it should stop loading and open the program, it’s gone. Process ended. No Photoshop.

After dinking around a bit, I decided to "run as," and chose "current user." It did the same thing, but with two differences! After loading, it pops up a dialog that says, "Can’t find workspace folder." After clicking "ok" (the only option), another one pops up that says, "Could not initialize Photoshop because the file is locked. Use the ‘Properties’ command in Windows Explorer to unlock the file." Click "ok," the only option, and Photoshop is again gone.

So I dig out photoshop.exe and open the Properties, and there is nothing in there that has anything to do with locking the file. There’s read-only and ready for archiving, which are pretty much the only properties I can change, but they’re not checked so that’s not the problem.

Also, I don’t really know what or where the workspace folder should be.

I hadn’t messed around with the inner workings or hidden files or anything before this started happening. It was very sudden. I know I’m running enough RAM and have enough diskspace, but that wouldn’t be causing this problem.

Help please.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Aug 22, 2007
Camilla,

Reset the preferences. See the forum FAQ.

Rob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections