C
Posted By
Chet
Aug 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS on windows xp pro and am unable to see text entered on a path. I am creating the path with the pen tool, changing to the horizontal text tool, clicking an insertion point after the cursor changes, type the text (which does not appear as I type) and finalizing by clicking control and enter. My text size, leading and color settings have been checked for problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Chet
Aug 20, 2007
I failed to mention that when I set the insertion point there is a small circle and the cursor blinks for text entry. As soon as I type a character, a small x appears in the circle at the insertion point and the character does not appear. I am assuming this means something is not okay. I have tried several different fonts in case the font is the problem but they all respond the same way.
JJ
John_Joslin
Aug 20, 2007
There is more than just the leading to check. I would reset the tool from the fly-out menu in the character palette.

The behaviour in your second post doesn’t look right. If it persists after the tool reset, I would reset the Photoshop preferences as described in the FAQ.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 20, 2007
What’s the Resolution of your file?
LH
Linda_Herbster
Aug 22, 2007
The same thing was happening with me until I put the cursor on the path NOT on the first anchor.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections