AN
Posted By
Alex_None
Aug 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when im installing cs2 i get the following message with 6 seconds left. "Windows files must be installed for the installation to continue" "insert your windows xp sp2 cd and now" then you can chose ‘retry’ ‘more info’ ‘cancle’ . its a windows file protecion error.

so i downloaeded xp sp2, and burned it on a cd, put it in and it says its the wrong cd… wtf.

when i click cancle it says…
"error 1933. this setup requires internet information server 4.0 or higher for configuring IIS virtual roots. please make sure you have iis 4.0 or higher"

any ideas on how to fix this?

– thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Aug 19, 2007
I suspect you downloaded the SP2 service pack image, not Windows XP SP2, since Microsoft only offers the service pack for download. You don’t put the service pack disk in; you have to put in the XP disk itself.

The solution very likely is to update your computer with the SP2 disk and all subsequent updates (there are many!), after which you should be able to run the installer.
MK
moti_kh
Aug 19, 2007
Do not download and instal SP2, because it’s size is more than 200mb which is not necessary. If you update you computer than it will take only 50 to 60mb. Because only this 50 to 60mb are used. This is waht microsoft says.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections