DM
Posted By
dave_milbut
Aug 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
you may have to unzip the download first. you can’t run the setup from inside the compressed package.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

OU
Olaf_Ulrich
Aug 17, 2007
I wasn’t able to install Adobe Photoshop CS3 Trial from the downloaded Windows installer file, too. For me, the solution was to use the installer file I found on a DVD accompanying the ubiquituous monthly computer magazines. Even though the installer file on the DVD seemed to be exactly identical to the downloaded one, it did work flawlessly while the downloaded did not for no apparent reason.

— Olaf
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 17, 2007
for no apparent reason.

did you remove them from the compressed file before running setup?
OU
Olaf_Ulrich
Aug 17, 2007
If I remember correctly it’s a self-extracting EXE file, not a ZIP file. Anyway, I definitely did NOT run anything from inside a ZIP file. In fact, the actual installation procedure did never start because the failure always occurred during self-extraction (tried several times on several machines).

I handled the installer file from the DVD-ROM in exactly the same way, and it worked.

— Olaf
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 17, 2007
weird. it does sound like a corrupt download.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections