H
Posted By
Hallvard
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m creating a web-page "header" image/logo, made up of several Photoshop Elements 2.0 layers. One of them is an image which is too big to use in its entirety, so instead of simply cutting it off here and there I would like to "fade" parts of it. How can I do this with PSE 2?

I’m also open for other suggestions on how to design this web page header.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 24, 2005
This is one way that works in PE1 and 3 so I’m pretty sure it applies to 2.

Select the general area that you want with the tool that will give the shape you want. Go to Select, Feather. Choose a pixel width (30 to 40 works well on a 300 ppi image but you may need to experiment a bit). You won’t see any effect until you copy and paste. Turn off visibility on the original layer and view the fade effect in the new layer.

Bob
BV
Bill_Van_Noy
May 25, 2005
This is ironic. I’m working on the same type project. A header for a newletter that will be a combinatin of several layers (people pictures). I have a sky/clouds background and am trying to paste these photos in as separate layers. I managed to get them pasted, then erased the edges to make them look natural. Only problem is that the people pictures and my test become pixelated. They are good pictures, so I am assumming it has to do with the sky/clouds background being too small or something. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections