RH
Posted By
Rebecca_Harbison
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, I had some computer problems, and had to reinstall Photoshop Elements 2.0 for my Macintosh. Because I couldn’t find the original CD case, I copied down the serial number from the About This Program. But, when I went to reinstall, I realized that the number I had was only 20 digits, while the program was asking for a 24 digit number. I don’t know what happened — I double checked that the number I wrote down was correct.

Should I just email Support and hope I remembered to register the software or what?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 24, 2005
Rebecca,

If you try to register it again (on line) and its already registered then it will show you all your details including the serial number 🙂

…. I don’t know if this one still works but its worth a try. On your Mac Hard disk (mine comes under OSX) go to Library>Application Support>Adobe>Adobe Registration D/Base

Wendy
MD
malcolm_denton
May 24, 2005
Wendy….

While this seems to be true for PSE2, the PSE3 serial number doesn’t show.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 24, 2005
Mine does in PSE 3.0. All 24 of them. Although if a person had to wipe the drive, that little detail would be worthless if they didn’t have a good backup.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 24, 2005
Malcolm,

Oh that is a shame … so its not going to help people with PSE3.

Hopefully Rebecca will be OK with it for her PSE2 … 🙂

Wendy
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 24, 2005
Beth, there are that many digits, but do they correspond to your serial number? Mine starts out the same as the number on the case, but the end numbers are different.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 24, 2005
Ah, dang, you’re right. Not only is that true of PSE 3.0, but PSE 2.0 is loaded, too, and that isn’t the same number either.

Scratch everything after "hello" people! Barbara spoiled our fun by forcing us back to reality! 🙂
MD
malcolm_denton
May 24, 2005
I’ve rechecked, and the serial number for PSE2 IS showing correctly in the Adobe Registration D/Base.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 24, 2005
It could be that I can’t read. 🙂
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 24, 2005
Mine are right too … 🙂

Wendy
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 24, 2005
That’s very odd, because mine are definitely different numbers than what I’ve entered from the cases. Ah, but Wendy and Colin are both in England, aren’t you? Perhaps the European versions are coded differently.
N
narya
May 24, 2005
Ah, but Wendy and Malcolm are both in England, aren’t you? Perhaps the European versions are coded differently.

Are there different UK/US versions at all? I wonder …

Alexander.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 24, 2005
So do I, Alexander, but that’s the only common denominator I can think of. Any other ideas?
MD
malcolm_denton
May 24, 2005
My copy of PSE2 came free with my scanner,and the CD is clearly marked ‘for bundles only’ – is this a factor ?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 24, 2005
Well, I have the boxed version. Wendy and Beth?
BH
Beth_Haney
May 24, 2005
Boxed. I had a PSE 2.0 that was bundled, but I gave it away so can’t check it.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 25, 2005
Barbara,

Mine is boxed too

Wendy
N
narya
May 25, 2005
Say, this is slightly off-topic, but were all the PSE 2 CDs hybrid (Mac/PC)? The PSE 3 version clearly isn’t …

Alexander.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 25, 2005
Yes, Alexander, although there are some hybrid PE 3 discs available now when you get it bundled with hardware, like a camera or scanner. But PE 1 and 2 were both hybrid discs.
N
narya
May 25, 2005
Hm, I’m afraid mine will not be, as I bought the bundle PSE2/PSA2, but I’m going to check …

But I guess I’ll try contacting Adobe about transfering my Windows licence to Mac – I don’t think I could go back to version 2 anyway. Any experiences there?

Alexander.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 25, 2005
Oh, no, sorry. You’re out of luck. The PE/PSA bundle was windows only. You can transfer PE 3, I think. You have to pay a small fee for the new disc and sign a letter that you destroyed the other version.
N
narya
May 25, 2005
You have to pay a small fee for the new disc and sign a letter that you destroyed the other version.

Ah, that sounds good – maybe I’ll even give away the PSE/Win and buy a new Mac version. But first …

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections