PC
Posted By
Pat_Coggin
May 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Converting to black and white in PE3 leaves me with shades of brown, tan and white. I have tried taking a color image and changing it to black and white by selecting greyscale; then tried, desaturation; then tried remove color. Also tried colorize. No luck. Then tried selecting no color management, limited, then full, with no difference.

Then as a test, I selected true black and painted it onto the image. Voila, black appears, so it is not my monitor. Not only have I tried converting color images, I did a test Grant suggested a few years ago and created three boxes with true RGB and tried to change to shades of black and grey. STill got tan…

My printed images turn out correct. It’s just in PE3 that I am having this problem and it’s rather annoying ):

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin Walls
May 24, 2005
Have you calibrated your monitor [with Adobe Gamma on Windows or whatever the equivalent is on Mac]?
PC
Pat_Coggin
May 24, 2005
Monitor is calibrated…
CW
Colin Walls
May 24, 2005
Try a global prefs reset:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your login>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [replacing <your login> appropriately] and rename the folder "3.0" to "3.old".
PC
Pat_Coggin
May 26, 2005
Colin, I have been out of pocket. Thanks for you help. I did as you suggested with the reset and unfortunately, nothing changed.
PA
Patti Anderson
May 26, 2005
Have you checked the Windows Display properties/Color management to see if your calibrated colorspace is the one that is selected or set as your default colorspace?

Seems to me that if you printouts are okay, it’s got to have something to do with your display.

Patti
PC
Pat_Coggin
May 27, 2005
Patti, thanks to you also. Just checked out the properties/color mgt. and all is well there. It’s keeping with the display profile.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections