B
Posted By
bob733
May 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to find a brush that when I click on it on a layer, the entire area of the brush kicks in and does what I want. For example, if I am using the eraser, and I have a circle brush, I need to position the cross hair in an area that can be changed (not changed yet and not outside a selected area) in order for the brush to erase (in this example).

And if it can be changed, only the area under the brush is change (ie. active layer only). That is ok but I want to be able to change any part of the photo that the brush is showing (without trying to poaition the cross hairs in an open (not changed yet) area.

Also, are there any good plugin s for better brushes than what I am finding in PSE3? Admittily, it could be my problem in not understantding brushes, but it looks as if the code (and specifications) for the brushes (in PSE3) came from different groups.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 23, 2005
Try using the regular Eraser instead of the Background Eraser. Hover your mouse over the options bar icons to find it.
CW
Colin Walls
May 23, 2005
I am having a lot of trouble understanding what you are asking for. But I’m wondering whether you have brushes displaying the way you want. Take a look in Prefs – have you got the "precise" cursor selected [that’s the cross hair] instead of the "brush size", which is what I think you want.
B
bob733
May 25, 2005
Colin… sorry for the bad explanation and thanks to you (and Barbara) for the answer…. that helped a lot. And now, for my next question – I will say this – I have been learning a ton of great knowledge (with Photoshop) thanks to all of you people’s help. I will post the next question as a new one… thanks again.
JC
Jane Carter
May 25, 2005
Also another quick hint, if you are using a tiny brush, and have trouble seeing where it is on your picture, just hold the space bar down for a second. Will turn the cursor into the hand and you can see it quickly.
Jane
B
bob733
May 25, 2005
thanks Jane, that tip of your gave me a big hand ha ha seriously, it did

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections