RS
Posted By
Randall_Symons
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Im running win xp(sp2)2.8 processor 512mb of ram and whenever i open the editor in elements it takes almost a minute to open.Does anyone have any ideas why it does this?
Thankyou

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 22, 2005
Randall,

My configuration is very similar to yours except SP1. I get a 20 second initial load after a restart and about 10 seconds depending on what’s running for each subsequent load. I defrag regularly whether XP thinks it’s needed or not.

Take a look at these:

Jim Jütte, "Services cause Poor Performance, Lost devices, Hangs, etc (Win)." #, 30 Mar 2005 8:49 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

< http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/03/30/PE3forWindows.htm l>

And if you have an HP printer look at my previous post here:

Robert F Carruth, "Windows PE3 Performance and HP Printer Tasks" #2, 4 May 2005 9:36 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/1>

Bob
RS
Randall_Symons
May 22, 2005
Hey thanks for your reply.I changed the service settings and I still have the same problem.I do have an hp scanner connected but i wouldnt think this to be a problem since there is nothing in the services to change.I did change the plug and play and caused an even longer startup and now im wondering if maybe there might be a conflict with roxio ecdc 7.5.Thanks again for your help
Randy
RS
Randall_Symons
May 22, 2005
Robert I failed to see your other link in your reply and after doing the ctrl alt shft HEY it now opens in record time!!Thankyou very much.

Randy
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 23, 2005
Randy,

Glad one of them worked.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections