W
Posted By
wgraff
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had elements 2.0 installed for almost 2 years and never had a freeze up. Since I have installed elements 3.0 it does nothing but freeze whether editing photos, using the organizer or even printing. If I had know the product was this buggy I would have stuck with 2.0 the new features are not worth the hassle of having to end task constantly and then restarting where you left off. I have a PIV , 1 gig of memory, 1 gig video card, and 400 gig hard drive so memory, disk space, and video are not the issue. As a software developer I run multiple applications on this machine with never a freeze up problem until I get into Elements.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
This document may help: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328573.html>

If not, do come back here and we can try to assist.
W
wgraff
May 22, 2005
I did check this document and tried most of your options. If you think I am going to reformat my hard drive and reload all of the software apps to get a $100 program to work your dreaming. I would rather try Jasc Pro or another image editing program or even go back to elements 2.

I have isolated the problem to elements 3.0 as it gives not responding even if all other apps are closed as soon as I beging extensive editing of files.

I am using the latest printer and graphics drivers. My system is up to date with all service packs on all applications. I have been doing this for 20 years and as an IT professional I get frustrated when an upgrade to a program that was working causes nothing but problems.
CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
I did check this document and tried most of your options. If you think I am going to …

They’re not my options and I don’t think anything. I am just another user like you. Just trying to make sure you have all the "official" info.

Do I take it that the problems you have are with both Organizer and Editor, whether you use them together or independently? Or can you see any pattern of interaction?

A simple thing to do is reset global prefs:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your login>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [replacing <your login> appropriately] and rename the folder "3.0" to "3.old".
W
wgraff
May 22, 2005
Soffy Colin, I thought you were representing Adobe.

I appreciate the help but it sure makes it hard to edit photos when the program keeps locking up. It happens in editing and in the organizer although I haven’t really gotten around to using the organizer.

After deleting the preference’s the lockup occurred again after I opened and closed 6 images for editing.
CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
When I first got PSE 3, I had this kind of problem specifically with Editor. I traced it to an interaction with a keyboard modifier program that I had been using for about 5 years with no problems before. Removing it made PSE work very well. It also resulted in another [non Adobe] program suddenly becoming stable.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections