Posted By
Steve_Ferranti
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Colin,
I didn’t see a response back from Linda so I don’t know if your suggestions worked. I have the exact same problem as Linda describes. It sounds like your suggestions are performed within the application. If so, how do you take the corrective measures when you can’t ever get into the application due to the "out of memory" error in the first place?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
Steve

You can hold down CTRL while you start the program – that should start a recover.

The other possibility is to find the tn.4.cache file and delete it.
NG
Nelson_Guzman
May 23, 2005
Linda,

Did you ever resolve your problem of Organizer "Not responding" in the opening screen. I now have the exact same problem — and it was working fine just two days ago. I have also uninstalled/installed PSE 3 to no avail.

If anyone has a solution, I would really appreciate hearing from you.
SF
Steve_Ferranti
May 23, 2005
Colin,
Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn’t work. I’ve ordered a RAM upgrade hoping that the "Out of Memory" error message is actually an accurate depiction of what is happening – wouldn’t THAT be a hoot!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections