F
Posted By
F._Robert_Ennis
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can a Flash Card Reader be used to get NEF (RAW compressed) photos taken with the Nikon D2X camera into Photoshop Elements 3 Organizer/Browser? I was able to do this with NEF (RAW, but NOT compressed) photos taken with the Nikon D-100 camera. I have not been able to bring in NEF compressed photos taken with the D2X. The files are downloaded to the hard drive, but then I get a message "The file is damaged or is in a format that cannot be included in the Photoshop 3 Organizer". The files are not damaged. I have brought them in with another program (Nikon View). Perhaps the NEF Compressed 16 bit files cannot be brought into the Organizer, although 16 bit files can be worked on in Elements 3.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin Walls
May 22, 2005
I think you should post this with a more meaningful topic title – something saying "Nikon NEF RAW compressed". This may attract the attention of someone who knows about this, but doesn’t have a card reader.
F
F._Robert_Ennis
May 24, 2005
Nikon NEF RAW Compressed with Elements 3
Can a Flash Card Reader be used to get NEF (RAW compressed) photos taken with the Nikon D2X camera into Photoshop Elements 3 Organizer/Browser? I was able to do this with NEF (RAW, but NOT compressed) photos taken with the Nikon D-100 camera. I have not been able to bring in NEF compressed photos taken with the D2X. The files are downloaded to the hard drive, but then I get a message "The file is damaged or is in a format that cannot be included in the Photoshop 3 Organizer". The files are not damaged. I have brought them in with another program (Nikon View).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections