LA
Posted By
Lynell_Ackerman
May 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I get a picture sized correctly for pixentral so that it can be seen without scrolling? I’ve tried saving for web at a lower quality, resizing, but I am not seccessful. Can someone walk me through this? Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 21, 2005
Hi, Lynell. It’s not the quality you need to lower. About halfway down the right side of the SFW window you’ll see a box with the pixel dimensions of the photo. Change the longest one to 700 pixels or less, then click Apply. SFW will resize your JPEG down to that size. When you get out of SFW you’ll get a dialog box asking if you want to save changes to your original. You don’t.

EDIT As long as you leave Constrain Proportions checked, you only need to change one side. SFW will do the other for you.
JC
Jane Carter
May 21, 2005
I just Save For Web and it works fine. Use 600 to 800 Pixels as your widest/longest dimension and it will be 72 DPI.
Pixentral will do this size and rez just fine.
Example, here is a many MB sat photo with 7200 pixels as its longest dimension, which Ive downloaded from a NASA site, so I hit Save For Web, and it will reduce it so that I can post it right here with Pixcentral.
Granted my Mac did struggle for a few minutes to downsize it and my dimensions are not as small as they should be, this is the hurricane Adrian. If you have to scroll, reduce it a bit more.
< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=14gwubv3Zw7KQyUzY355fQ 05Y3Jh1> Try it a few times and use different sizes, play with the settings. Jane

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections