Posted By
Diane_Denis
May 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DD
Diane_Denis
May 20, 2005
I have a new laptop and will be getting rid of the laptop on which I currently have lots of pictures organized with Photoshop Elements. I installed Elements on the new machine. I can copy photos from Elements in the old machine to a jump drive and then open them with Elements from the new machine – but there are no longer tags associated with them. Is there a way that I can transfer the tags as well the pictures from the old machine to the new one?
CW
Colin Walls
May 20, 2005
There are a few possible strategies. First a couple of questions:

1) you ask about tags – do you have any collections, version sets, stacks or creations?

2) do you have a complex tag hierarchy?
O
o3v3tz
May 20, 2005
Colin,

I am puzzled about why you did not suggest copying the .psa Catalog file from one machine to the other using the jump drive? Then also potentially copy the files in the Catalog Folders folder.

Barb O
CW
Colin Walls
May 20, 2005
Barb

Because if Diane only has tags [and not the other things I listed] and does not have a complex tag hierarchy, it will be easier to write tags to images, put the images where she wants and import into a new catalog.
N
narya
May 21, 2005
Diane, the easiest way would be to let PSE do the work:

Just go to "File > Backup" and set the thumbdrive as destination. Then go to your new laptop, install PSE 3 and do a "File > Restore" from the thumbdrive.

Alexander.

Canon Ixus 430 (aka S410) | x86 with XP Pro | PSE v3.0.1 with 3k images | 12" Powerbook soon 🙂
DD
Diane_Denis
May 23, 2005
Thanks to everyone who has responded. I do not believe I have any of the things mentioned in the first reply. I just have one large catalog of pictures, most of which have 1-3 tags applied to them. I’m at work now but will try some of this tonight.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections