HC
Posted By
Henry_Clements
May 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have learned Elements1,2 and now 3…except I’m having trouble with a simple arrow in "Shapes." According to Help, when I draw a shape, another layer should appear, automatically. All I get is "do I want to cut the shape…" When I cut the shape, I have only one layer…the shape. The original has disappeared. I have done it over and over and read the instruction for Shapes over and over. I have re-booted Elements 3. What am I doing or not doing?
Thanks,
Henry

ImacDV
640mg ram

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LM
Lou_M
May 19, 2005
Hi, Henry.

Are you using the Shape tool or the Cookie Cutter tool? (I don’t have Elements in front of me now, so I might be off on a tangent here!)
HC
Henry_Clements
May 19, 2005
When I hit Cookie Cutter, it opens up shapes and I make a selection. So, I’m using Cookie Cutter which morphes into the Shapes menu.
Henry
BG
Byron Gale
May 19, 2005
Henry,

Cookie Cutter uses the same shapes as the Shape tool… but the Cookie Cutter lops off everything outside the shape when you use it!

I think you want to just draw the shapes, so should use the Shape tool. Press the U key to activate the tool, and then look at the Options bar, to select the Custom Shape Tool.

(On the Toolbar, the Shape tool is the 4th from the bottom…)

HTH,

Byron
HC
Henry_Clements
May 19, 2005
You have hit de problemo, Byron…and the solution. I simply had not yet found the proper tool. Have to write meself a note so can find it again. Gettin’ older, ya know.
Thanks a heap and a bunch.
Henry
BG
Byron Gale
May 19, 2005
wrote
You have hit de problemo, Byron…and the solution…
Thanks a heap and a bunch.

Henry,

It’s nice to get one right once in a while… glad to know you’re back on track!

Byron

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections