KM
Posted By
Kirty_Morse
May 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to PSE3, however have been using Photoshop 6 & PSA2, self-taught, and layers/erasers. I found this message and wonder if my little dilemma might apply as well.

I’ve created a gaussian blur layer, to create the illusion I have an expensive telephoto lens 😉 and have been using the magic wand to erase my foreground. But when I switch to the eraser tool to finish up my clean-up, nothing happens. I do not get a message, the eraser just doesn’t erase. I don’t have any style selected (that I know of). I made sure that the magic wand hadn’t kept a selection…

Stumped. Thanks for any help!

PS – I find it so funny that the spell checker on this site hasn’t been loaded with "Photoshop" or "gaussian" – ha ha!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
May 19, 2005
Kirty

Did you try resetting the Eraser tool?
ML
Mark_Levesque
May 19, 2005
Sounds like though the background visibility is turned off, it is still the active layer. Make sure that layer 1 is highlighted in the layers palette.
KM
Kirty_Morse
Jun 9, 2005
Yes, I since writing this message, realized that I was in the wrong layer – trying to erase (ahem) nothing. Thanks for your comments. K
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 9, 2005
Don’t feel bad. We’ve all done stuff like that waaay more times than any of us would like to admit. 8^)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections