CG
Posted By
Charles_Grant
May 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you go back and share an older album (one you have stored online) with new people without recreating the album all over again?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
Jim_J
May 18, 2005
Can you download it?

Cheers
JC
Jane Carter
May 18, 2005
This is not the correct way, but its the easiest,,,
just copy its URL and send it to your friends.

Oh, goodness,,,,,,now I see what you mean, I tried to send the URL of my Kodak old album, and when I sign in, and copy the URL it will send "Logged In", so that anyone could change or mess with it.
This is not so with Pbase.com or my others.

This is an excellent question, and I will be watching for some of the people(experts) here to tell us how to do this with Kodak.
Jane
K
Ken._Cavaliere-Klick
May 20, 2005
I’m guessing since this is a Windows kind-of-thing. Mac PE3 doesn’t have this feature built in.

I’m guessing that your photos are located on the Ofoto/Kodak Gallery site. There should be a share option there. Whatever user name and password you’ve selected should work from any site or program that accesses Kodak.
JC
Jane Carter
May 21, 2005
This is interesting, as I signed up with Ofoto and now my album is Kodak. Lets try this, this is the direct URL of my album.
< http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=593 604591103&page=1&sort_order=0>
I cant sign out and have a link. This is strange, perhaps this is why I never have used this site for pictures that I want to use individually or to post homework for a class.
I am going to post this, and see if this link works,
Jane
JC
Jane Carter
May 21, 2005
Yes, the link works, these are some very old pictures, but the way it looks to me, is that I am "signed in" and you can actually make changes on my album.
Try it, let me know, and if so I will abandon this site except for just for family and friends, and this forum.
Jane
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 21, 2005
Hi, Jane. I don’t know about editing. When I click the URL, I get taken to a page with no photos visible, only options like "back to albums’, "all albums by Jane" and so on. Clicking anything on the page sends me to a sign-in page.
JC
Jane Carter
May 21, 2005
Hi Barbara, This must be the reason that I have not used that album site any more. It was in my really old bookmarks, not used recently. It wont link properly.

I use Pbase, and .mac, ClubPhoto, Shutterfly and so forth.

I would suggest Pbase.com to anybody here as the first choice.

They can use .mac if they are Mac users. .mac is good, but you can’t add pictures,edit, or delete easily. Once you set up an album, its sort of ‘stuck’.

But Pbase.com is by far the most user friendly and the most versatile, recommend they start out with the free trial of pbase.
Any and every URL there is a direct link, whether its a picture, one album or the whole darn thing. They’ve got a help forum, and options to customize your albums.
I would guess that over 50% of my classmates use pbase.
Jane
K
Ken._Cavaliere-Klick
May 21, 2005
Jane: Kodak bought Ofoto quite some time ago. Recently it was renamed Koday EasyShare Gallery or kodakgallery.com. A direct URL to your album does not work all that well since it brings me back to my own albums and sign in at some point.

As far as I know, you must sign into kodakgallery.com and initiate sharing from there. There is an option for having the viewers sign in or not. An email is sent from the site. Of course, Kodak would prefer they sign in. If the viewers create their own account it’s easier to view others albums. The point is this is a somewhat private service. It’s not PBase, PBase does not sell cameras, etc. Once you share an album with a viewer and they receive the URL in an email that they can use over and over.

Now this may seem a bit restrictive and I agree to some degree. However, it’s a free service and it’s their rules. On the upside, I’ve never had a complaint from anyone I’ve shared an album with and it’s easy to use. (even for us Mac users who don’t have a direct connection in PE3). If Adobe’s uplink is a bit rough around the edges then use the free EasyShare software. It’s the closest thing a Windows user can have to iPhoto.

This is more a Kodak issue than an Adobe issue. You might want to take up the sharing issue with them as well. I’ve found their tech support to be very helpful.
JC
Jane Carter
May 21, 2005
Hi Ken, Actually I don’t really want to change Ofoto/Kodak or leave them, as I do use them the way they are. My family can order prints and we have made calendars. Our family has other accounts with them. I/we just use pbase for everything else. We need to post the URLs on the classroom board, and that is what won’t work.
(Pixentral is pretty cool.)

ClubPhoto and Shutterfly are also very good, I think that Adobe and Shutterfly are connected. Anyway thats how I found Shutterfly, when I installed PSE 2 a couple of years ago.
I do love the Kodak company, before I got a digicam, I used the Kodak disposable U/W cameras on most of our trips. (Still do)
They are wonderful, tough, waterproof, sandproof, and customs ignore them. We never could have taken a good camera to some of the places we went, so the disposies did their job.
Example, I hit a rock and flew off my bicycle, and landed on my butt the other day, and landed on the very edge of my camera case, my little Coolpix suffered a battery door ‘injury’. I was able to fix it, just the hinge is a bit loose now.
Jane
K
Ken._Cavaliere-Klick
May 21, 2005
Adobe ditched Shutterfly with PE2, I think HP bought the company.

You’re right, sending a link doesn’t work correctly. It looks like it’s creating a random link. There’s two ways around this: Create a separate gallery for the students and issue a share command from Kodaks site. You can create an address book there to make things easy and/or require that they sign in so you can check. The other way would be to create a public gallery and post the ID and password.

Do drop Kodak a note. I’m sure they’ll have an easy solution I’m missing.

Since I don’t have the Windows version of PE3 I can’t say how easy it is to manage a gallery from withing PE3. It’s very easy to do from within the EasyShare software.
JC
Jane Carter
May 21, 2005
Hi Ken, I dont have a PC either, I did have a nice one, but never used it anymore, so just donated it to our local school.

With all the picture gallery stuff out there, Ive never been lacking in ways to get our pictures up on the web. There are so many that it gets confusing too, iPhoto is neat also.
There is no end to these wonderful ways to get out photos to our classmates, families, and friends.

The Kodak way sure seems convoluted, so perhaps we should recommend that they make direct linking to albums and pictures easy. Then we could use Ofoto/Kodak for our classes too. I will go to my album page and send an email to their company. Im sure we would use it a lot, if they had the URL linking. I am very pleased with their print service.
Jane
K
Ken._Cavaliere-Klick
May 21, 2005
Kodak is very responsive (as is Adobe). Kodak’s method has to be tried to be really understood. They also have other apps for uploading photos so it’s quite comprehensive. All these Kodak apps are free.

The easiest method would be to create a web album and place it somewhere, perhaps the free space your ISP probably provides. There you distibute the URL easy enough and you have the most control.
JC
Jane Carter
May 21, 2005
Hi Ken, We have done those too, and also we have the .mac sites too. My favourite is Pbase because of its versatility. But when I need prints or calendars, Kodak and the others are great.
Yes, I do have several web sites on my ISPs, but they are all family stuff, so only once in a while do I use them for class stuff or when I want to show off a grandkid picture.
Actually I have several pbase accounts too. Heavens, this could get to be expensive! But isn’t it fun! Im retired so just having a ball with this stuff, summers are short around New England. So this keeps me busy during the bad weather.
Jane
K
Ken._Cavaliere-Klick
May 21, 2005
I drift between EasyShare and my own private site depending on subject and the folks that are viewing it.

I’ve used most of the sharing sites over the years but decided that if my host is going to give me space for free (as part of my monthly fee) then I’m going to use it. PE3 puts together a decent web album and there’s other apps, some free, some not, that keep me from getting too dusty…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections