PJ
Posted By
Paul_J_Weber
May 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My problem is this: I have an image of a person where she has shifted her eyes to her right when the picture was taken.
I want to "straighten" her eyes, e.g. make them centered in her head. Any help? Paul

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 16, 2005
Ok then … there are a few ways to do this. The easiest is probably to take a pair of eyes from another image and simply put them over over the existing eyes.

Wendy
MS
Mark_Sand
May 17, 2005
Try this:
Select the iris-pupil and copy it to a new layer.
On the base layer use the Clone tool to replace the iris-pupil with the white portion of the eye. On the new layer use the move tool to position the iris-pupil where you want it. Depending on how the pupil was located in the original, you might have to use a similar procedure to center the pupil within the iris. Finally, if the new eye looks patched in you can use various tools (Clone, Blur, Smudge, etc) to soften the transition between the 2 layers.
PJ
Paul_J_Weber
May 17, 2005
Thanks, both of those ideas sound like they will work well. I’ll give them a try. P.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 17, 2005
Paul …

Good luck and do let us know how you go on 🙂

Wendy
PJ
Paul_J_Weber
May 21, 2005
I tried M. Sands method, the eyes are now centered, but the eyes turned out too dull. They do not have the usual "sparkle."
MS
Mark_Sand
May 21, 2005
Paul,
I don’t know why the "new" eyes are dull. The copy/paste shouldn’t have changed anything. Did you do anything else to the new layer (e.g., change Mode to other than Normal)?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 21, 2005
Paul …

Sounds like the eye lack catchlights.

Create a new layer above your image,
Set the foreground colour to white and select a soft small brush. Just do one or two small dots in the eye
If it looks too much then try Filter>Gaussain Blur
…. and lower the opacity of the layer a little.

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections