KC
Posted By
Kevin_Cloer
May 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sometimes, when I select the erase tool, the outline of the cursor disappears. So erasing is very difficult if you cannot see the cursor size. All that is visible is a faint cross-hair "+".

I have a large photo, where I am slecting a region and coping to a new file from the clipboard. The last time it happened to me, the cursor was visible from the source image, but dissapeared after the copy.

Am doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

Kevin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin Walls
May 16, 2005
Do you have CapsLock engaged? That would toggle the "precise" cursor.
BG
Byron Gale
May 16, 2005
Kevin,

Those crosshairs can be either the "precise cursor", which is activated by having CAPS LOCK engaged, or you have selected a brush size which is too large for your image window.

Either condition is easy to check and fix.

HTH,

Byron
CW
Colin Walls
May 16, 2005
Byron:

Snap!
BG
Byron Gale
May 16, 2005
*BONK*

(the sound of Colin and I hitting our heads together as we rush answer the same question at the same time)
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 16, 2005
Also, remember that there are three eraser tools. Is it possible that you have the background eraser selected? That has a cursor consisting of crosshairs within a circle.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections