HS
Posted By
Hayward_S._Melville
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have around 3,500 files (photos) in the Microsoft app. each with at least one tag, which I successfully imported into PSE 3.0 BUT, only ONE tag made the trip.

I also, unneccessarily, purchased PS Album and am able to successfully import all 3,500 files, WITH tags, into that program’s catalog.

Is there something I’m doing wrong or does PSE 3.0 have a problem importing tag metadata from the Microsoft application.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 14, 2005
What happens when you open the Album catalog in PSE 3.0? I was under the impression that catalogs from Album worked perfectly in 3.0.

And, if you don’t need that copy of Album, wanna sell it? 🙂 I’ve been looking for one but resisting eBay.
O
o3v3tz
May 14, 2005
I can’t answer your initial question about why your multiple tags did not make the trip from MS Digital Image Library in to PSE 3. I do remember one prior thread saying the PSE 3 Organizer has trouble with the import of tags when there were more than 8 (not sure of the exact number).

However, since you were able to import to PS Album from MS Digital Libarary, you can have PSE 3 convert the Catalog of PSA 2 to PSE 3 format and then use it in PSE 3. A workaround granted, but if that goes smoothly it seems relatively painless for a workaround.

The conversion will happen the first time that you open the catalog from PSA 2 using PSE 3. It save a copy with -1 added to the name from PSA 2, then converts the catalog to PSE 3 format. See the following Adobe techdoc for a more complete description.

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330659.html>

Barb O
HS
Hayward_S._Melville
May 14, 2005
The PSA photo catalogs do work just fine with PSE 3.0 and a "Tag" catalog is automatically created when tagged files are imported into PSA from the Microsoft app, but no such tag catalog is formed when importing into PSE 3.0.

Sorry, but I’ve already promised the PSA application to my brother.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 14, 2005
Well I tried! 🙂
O
o3v3tz
May 14, 2005
Beth,

I agree that after he has successfully converted his PSA 2 catalog to PSE 3, he would no longer need the PSA 2 software.

Barb O
O
o3v3tz
May 14, 2005
The PSA photo catalogs do work just fine with PSE 3.0

but no such tag catalog is formed when importing into PSE 3.0.

What I don’t understand is why you need to import to PSE 3 if you already imported to PSA 2 and then the PSA 2 catalog was converted to PSE 3 format.

Or are you saying that the conversion process of the catalog from PSA 2 to PSE 3 looses the tags that were in PSA 2?

Barb O

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections