Posted By
Dwight_G_Jones
May 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I get that message every time I click to get help from Photoshop Elements 3.

Maybe I should admit that I’m new to Mac computers.

I believe that I am logged in under the "Administrative Account". I’m the only user of this computer. So, my account would be the administrative account? Right??? I’ll be grateful if someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Dwight

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 12, 2005
Yes, Elements always gives you that message, but if you wait long enough Help should open anyway. If it doesn’t, go to your user>library>preferences folder and trash the Opera preferences folder (PE help runs on a customized version of Opera).

Then relaunch PE and try again.
DG
Dwight_G_Jones
May 12, 2005
Thanks Barbara,
I reinstalled Elements and everything is working now. I have no idea what I did right the second time around, but I’m happy with it now.
DG
Dwight_G_Jones
May 13, 2005
I just figured it out. The Photoshop icon can’t be placed on the desktop by it’s self. It needs to be in the folder that has a bunch of other icons. (Plug-ins, Tutorials, Legal, etc.)

That folder can be placed on the desktop. You need to open it and then open the photoshop icon within that folder. It meens an extra click to open Photoshop, but it is neccessary if you want photoshop to access all the stuff in that folder.

Dwight
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 13, 2005
Hi, Dwight. In OS X it’s much better to leave applications in the applications folder. If you want to have a shortcut, the next time you launch PE, click and hold on the dock icon and choose "keep in dock."
N
narya
May 13, 2005
The Photoshop icon can’t be placed on the desktop by it’s self.

What about creating an alias on the desktop and leaving Photoshop in the Applications folder?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections