RG
Posted By
Roger_Gidon_Whitehead
May 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When, in PE3.01, I go Window/Images/Tile, I get the pictures split horizontally. When viewing two, for instance, I see the upper half of one and the lower half of the other. Is there a way to set PE to place the pictures side by side as the default?

I’m running it under Windows XP.

Thanks,

Roger

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RG
Roger_Gidon_Whitehead
May 13, 2005
So which is it? Was my question too complicated to answer or too trivial to be bothered with answering?

Roger
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 13, 2005
Roger, are you the same person in this thread?

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3 005

If so, you got your answer already, albeit not exactly what you’d have hoped for…

Ray
RG
Roger_Gidon_Whitehead
May 13, 2005
If so, you got your answer already, albeit not exactly what you’d have hoped for…

No, Ray, I got responses. There were no answers.

Anyway, are you suggesting that I should not expect an answer in this official Adobe-supported conference since I (later) also raised the problem in another forum entirely? Sounds very strange to me.

Roger
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 13, 2005
Roger,

We are just a User to User forum here … nothing more. Whilst someone from Adobe may drop by occasionally they don’t actually answer questions here.

I thought I understood from your post in another forum that you had in fact contacted Adobe on this matter and found out that it was not possible?

Wendy
RG
Roger_Gidon_Whitehead
May 13, 2005
We are just a User to User forum here … nothing more.

Perhaps we’re using words differently, Wendy, but a forum that is accessed via Adobe’s support pages, that requires me to register with Adobe before I can use it and that, presumably, runs on Adobe’s servers sounds pretty official and Adobe-supported to me.

Being user to user is no disadvantage in my eyes, more an advantage, especially as users often know solutions and work-arounds that suppliers don’t know or won’t admit to.

I thought I understood from your post in another forum that you had in fact contacted Adobe on this matter

Indeed I did – after I had posted my second message here.

and found out that it was not possible?

To be precise, I discovered that that particular support agent didn’t know the answer, which is not necessarily the same thing.

My question remains valid, therefore, because there might be an answer or a work-around known to people in this forum.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 13, 2005
Could we get a Windows user to step up to the plate here, please?
BG
Byron Gale
May 13, 2005
wrote
Could we get a Windows user to step up to the plate here, please?

With PE 3.0.1 on WinXP SP1 and PE 3.0 on WinXP SP2, I can find no method to modify the way Elements displays the images when selecting Window > Images > Tile.

Byron
BH
Beth_Haney
May 13, 2005
Thank you, Byron. I couldn’t find a way to do it in the Mac version, either, nor could Ray or Wendy.

So, Roger, it appears the answer to your question is "nope," there is no way to change that setting.

While I don’t think this qualifies as a bug, it should definitely be added to the Feature Requests section. I wasn’t able to find a post where anybody else has mentioned it.

<https://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ef32bec>
RG
Roger_Gidon_Whitehead
May 13, 2005
Thank you, Byron.

Seconded, and to you.

So, Roger, it appears the answer to your question is "nope," there is no way to change that setting.

So it seems. How very odd, especially as one can view them that way in PE 2 and PS 7.0 (and later releases, probably).

I have already suggested to Adobe support that it be fixed and, via the ‘other’ forum, have also sent in a bug report.

BTW, where have the earlier messages in this thread gone? I can only see 3 out of the 8 here.

Roger
BH
Beth_Haney
May 13, 2005
In general, it only displays "X" number of posts per page, and it normally starts with the first new message since you last viewed the thread. If you look either a couple of lines above and to the right of the box where messages are typed in or at the far right where responses begin, you’ll see "Show All Messages". Click that, and all of them will display on one page.

PSE 3.0 has tradeoffs – some things are improvements over previous versions, and some aren’t. I’m a person who would never have discovered this particular "feature", because I always use Cascade. As far as I’m concerned, the default size at which images open is too big anyway, so I always have to adjust something whenever I open more than one image.
RG
Roger_Gidon_Whitehead
May 13, 2005
…Show All Messages". Click that

So it does! Thanks for the tip.

I always use Cascade

Do you find the Match Zoom control useful when doing that?

I like tiling when I’m trying to do a before and after comparison of an image I’ve worked on manually (rather than using Quick Fix).

Regards,

Roger
BH
Beth_Haney
May 13, 2005
I get so used to doing things manually that I’d never tried it. I just did, and I can’t see a point to it. I’ll stick to the long way, because, for me, it’s faster! I just hit Command/Control – (minus) or + (plus) and then shove. 🙂
RG
Roger_Gidon_Whitehead
May 13, 2005
…I’d never tried it. I just did, and I can’t see a point to it.

It is a bit hit and miss, isn’t it? I tried it again after I sent my last message, but on four completely different images. It only worked on three of them. 8-(

As you say, Ctrl-+/- are so easy, with Ctrl-0 for an overall look at progress from time to time.

Regards,

Roger

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections