SR
Posted By
Slinky_Rules
May 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If there is one thing driving me positively batty with Photoshop Elements 3 its the scroll bars that are present even if a photo is sized within the window. When you try to use the select box to drag to the end of the photo, the scroll bars will scroll all the way to the end, showing you the barest end of the photo, if that is visible. It’s insane and not at all the way Photoshop or any other viewing program does or would operate. How do you get rid of those horrible scroll bars? They should be removed automatically by the application.

To make it completely clear, you have your main bar on the top, tool bar on the left, photo tumbnails on the bottom, and styles and effects on the right. In the center is where your photo appears. If the photo is smaller than the window, you should see gray area around it and there would be no scroll bars, logically. However with Photoshop Elements 3, there are not only scroll bars but if you drag the select box to the corner of the screen those bars will also scroll to the end and away from the visual area of your picture. It makes area selection a challenge every time and makes the program a terror to use. There has to be an option to control this or I’d wonder whether anyone actually used this application before it’s latest release…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin_Walls
May 10, 2005
Just switch to multi-image view.

Although I regard this as a bug, this workaround is quite effective.
BM
Beryl_MacPherson
May 11, 2005
A few days ago I contacted your support about the screen size being too big on some screens, such as the one where you go into making cards etc. The icons disappear above the top of the screen and the only way I have been able to close it is to shut the whole computer down. I must say it is ok on most other screens.
I was told to alter the resolution of the computer, which when I did made everything else so small that it was hard to read.
Can you help me? Did I get a guarantee with the produce when I registered? Thank you Beryl MacPherson
SR
Slinky_Rules
May 11, 2005
Colin – Thanks for the tip. I’m not sure I can find it just yet and I’m zig zagging in between the various programs that Elements is obviously comprised of. This is a HUGE bug and again, I wonder how anyone could release this when it’s blatantly obvious every time you open a picture and try to select a portion of it!

I’ll see if I can find the view and hopefully it will work as effectively. Until then, I may hold off on purchasing elements after the trial expires. Version 3.0 has been out long enough that this should have been fixed… we’ll see. A big blemish in an otherwise pretty good photo app.
CW
Colin_Walls
May 11, 2005
Beryl

This is really a new topic and you can also find other threads addressing it …

First off, there isn’t a question of a guarantee, as the system specs on the box clearly say 1024×768 is the minimum. This will be the case with a lot of modern software. I find it odd that, at this resolution, things are too small, but I appreciate a vision impairment can be a challenge. There are a bunch of Windows settings to address this matter – messing with resolution to adjust the size of stuff is not the correct procedure. You may need to read up some more on Windows, but start by looking at the display properties [right mouse on the desktop and select Properties.
CW
Colin_Walls
May 11, 2005
This is a HUGE bug

No it isn’t. If you apply the workaround, which is a single mouse click [button on the top RHS of the screen, you suffer no compromise and the problem goes away. Many people don’t even notice it.

As I said before I think, I agree it’s a bug and it should be fixed, but it’s no show-stopper.
SR
Slinky_Rules
May 11, 2005
Colin – OK, I see what you’re talking about now. My fix is to unmaximize the window so that you are seeing the photo in the confines of the user set boundaries. That works effectively and agreed (although it’s a pretty big bug to miss!) Thanks much.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections