BL
Posted By
Bryan_Los
May 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed the latest drivers and toolbox software for the Canon CanoScan Lide50 scanner. I can scan from the toolbox (I linked it to Elements, so after scan the image is loaded into Elements).

However, why can’t I tell Elements where to find the scanner, and let me have a scan button within Elements. I’ve used PC programs that let me find the scanner source, and then scan from within those programs.

I don’t mind scanning this way, but it would be easier if I could just scan from within Elements.

Any help will be appreciated.

Bryan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 10, 2005
Hello Bryan,

However, why can’t I tell Elements where to find the scanner, and let me have a scan button within Elements. I’ve used PC programs that let me find the scanner source, and then scan from within those programs.

File / Import / CanonScan… Photoshop Elements 2 had an Import button, showing the source, but it’s been removed in Photoshop Elements 3.

Ray
CW
Colin_Walls
May 10, 2005
If you are on Windows, you also have the option of scanning from Organizer.
BL
Bryan_Los
May 10, 2005
Than’s Ray. When I go to File>Import, I only see the options below:

Anti-aliasd PICT…
PDF Image…
PICT Resource…
Frame From Video…

I installed the Toolbox first, then the drivers. I already have Elements installed. What should I do? Reinstall Elements?

Bryan
BL
Bryan_Los
May 10, 2005
I reinstalled Elements, and on the welcome screen I chose add camera or scanner, but I only had the same 4 drop down options, and scanner or TWAIN, or CanoScan wasn’t there.

I went into my CanoScan Toolbox plugin folder, and moved the file ScanGear CS 7.1X to the Elements Import/Export to seee if that would work, and it didn’t.

So as of now, there is no way I can get Elements to even realize I have a scanner and drivers installed on my Mac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bryan
LM
Lou_M
May 10, 2005
When you install the CanoScan software, it should prompt you for the location of the Elements folder. In fact, it should find it automatically and just let you confirm it.
BL
Bryan_Los
May 10, 2005
I DID IT!!!!! It would have been nice for a read me.. I went into my CanoScan Toolbox plug-in folder, then made a duplicate (so I could still use the toolbox scanner)

Then I moved that duplicate into the Elements > Plugin > Import/Export folder. I then changed to open the plugin with Elements (just like the others in there). Then when I went to import/export, the CanoScan item was there, and I was able to bring up the scanning window.

Well another Mac problem solved.

Thanks for the input.

Bryan
BL
Bryan_Los
May 10, 2005
Lou- When I installed the Toolbox and Drivers, they just installed in the CanoScan directory, and they put the driver in the canoscan plugins directory. I had to get this plugin into the Elements import/export directory, which I did with copying the file and dropping it in there.

It all works now.

Bryan
LM
Lou_M
May 10, 2005
Glad you got it working, Bryan!
BL
Bryan_Los
May 10, 2005
Oh, I’m using a Mac OS 10.4, I don’t think I mentioned that. That may have made things harder for me, as companies usually dont’ care too much about us, they make things difficult:)

Thanks,
Bryan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections