jpeg quality level with automate > batch ?

MB
Posted By
Milton_Barber
May 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How does one control the jpeg quality level when using the file > automate > batch command to reduce the pixel size of a whole folder of pictures? As near as I can tell, it uses quality level 5 by default.

I don’t know the PE version I have. How does one tell?

Many thanks.

–Milt Barber–

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 9, 2005
You’re probably using either version 1 or version 2, because PSE 3.0 has a pretty good range of choices. Let’s see: The icon for PSE 1.0 was some kind of an eyeball; the icon for PSE 2.0 was a large sunflower; and the icon for PSE 3.0 is a photograph of a woman. I don’t know how to quickly find the version number under Windows, which is what I assume you’re using.
MB
Milton_Barber
May 10, 2005
Beth — thanks for the reply. Yes, I am using Windows (XP).

My PE icon has an eye looking at you, so I guess I have PE 1.

In PE 3, does the batch control box actually let you specify the jpeg quality level as a number, like the normal jpeg save function?

Many Thanks.

–Milt Barber–
CW
Colin_Walls
May 10, 2005
In PSE 3, you get to choose between Low, Medium, High and Max quality.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections