HG
Posted By
harvey_goldstein
May 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have photoshop ver. 4 and want to update to latest version. using win xp and 500 mhz pentium 3

will it work for me?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
Jim_J
May 9, 2005
Harvey…

PSE is NOT Photoshop… even at version 4, it does not have the depth that Photoshop has. It has a lot of nice toys like image management but before I recommend, I guess I would need to ask… what exactly do you need?

Cheers
CW
Colin_Walls
May 9, 2005
PSE is NOT Photoshop… even at version 4, it does not have the depth that Photoshop has

I’d beg to differ. PSE 3 Editor is way beyond PS 4. I think layers were a new idea at that time …
JJ
Jim_J
May 9, 2005
Layers existed already in version 3. There are certainly some things, but I’m more concerned with what he needs to see if he needs PSE or PS Full version. Or something in between like PSA.

Cheers

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections