JM
Posted By
Jim_McCleneghen
May 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I install Elements it begins consuming 98%+ of system CPU resources. I have to go into the Windows Task Manager/Processes and manually delete the elements application in order to return to some reasonable level of performance.

What is going on here? Anyone else have that problem?

I’m on a Win XP system.

Thanks,

Jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 8, 2005
Jim,

The symptoms you describe, though they don’t happen to everyone, can probably be cured with the procedure described in this FAQ:

Jim Jütte, "Services cause Poor Performance, Lost devices, Hangs, etc (Win)." #, 30 Mar 2005 8:49 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

For more detailed information try this page from Barbara Brundage (one of the really knowledgeable people here:

< http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/03/30/PE3forWindows.htm l>

Bob
JM
Jim_McCleneghen
May 9, 2005
Bob, thanks for this reference. It certainly seems to include my issues. I will give it a try later today.

Thanks again,

Jim
SS
sidney_shore
May 9, 2005
printing 4×6 photos with borders print comes out with 3 borders ok 4th border 15/16in wide.What do i do? Sid
CW
Colin_Walls
May 9, 2005
Sid

Post this again as a new topic – it will get lost here.
Also tell us:
Windows or Mac?
PSE version?
What printer?
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 9, 2005
Sid….

This may be obvious but have you tried measuring the paper. Kodak 6 x 4 paper is actually 6.5 inches long, giving you a longer border one edge.

Colin #2

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections