SS
Posted By
Scott_Scheeler
May 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased a new computer and PSE3. From PSA2, I backed up to DVD(3 DVDS) my entire catalog ~5000 pictures. When I try to restore it, I use the "restore Files and Catalogs to new location"

After I install disk one of three, the program runs for a while and then reports that the restore has failed. It sounds similar to a post about a problem with the .buc file except I don’t see a .buc file on the disk.

Besides jpegs the disk contains the file backup.tlj and MyCatalog.psb

I am running PSA2 on under windows ME and PSE3 under windows XP if it matters.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

_Scott

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
Jim_J
May 7, 2005
Scott,

Do you have rewritable DVD’s? You might want to try a new backup. FYI, many of us really don’t care for the PSA backup utility. You might want to try a third party backup utility.

Cheers
O
o3v3tz
May 7, 2005
Jim,

Do you know if a Backup created in PSA 2 can be used for a Restore in PSE 3?

I have looked at both and there do seem to be some differences in the files written for backup between the two products.

Barb O
SS
Scott_Scheeler
May 7, 2005
Jim,

I am using DVD-R’s. I can see the files on the DVDs and I can import them just as files but I lose all of my tag info. Is there anyway around this?

I will also try a new backup.

Thanks,
Scott
JJ
Jim_J
May 7, 2005
Barbara just alerted me to the obvious… Did you say you were trying to restore from PSE??? And your back up is from PSA??

I don’t know if that is possible, but here is my suggestion. Restore from PSA, import into PSE and then create a back up. I’m sorry for the confusion.

Cheers
CW
Colin_Walls
May 7, 2005
Your best bet is to forget the PSA/PSE backup facility.

Just move over all the image files, keeping their pathnames unchanged. The move your catalog file [My Catalog.PSA] and open that in PSE Organizer. It will then get converted automatically.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections