JS
Posted By
Jim_Solt
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a graphic in .gif format. I don’t seem to be able to edit it in Elements 3. Do I need to approach it differently than a .jpeg?
Jim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Colin_Walls
May 6, 2005
It should just open. OK. You then have some limitations because it’s indexed colour. You can convert it to RGB if that helps. What probs are you having?
JS
Jim_Solt
May 6, 2005
It opens not as a background layer, but a layer called index. It is locked and I can’t get it to respond to any commands.
Jim
CW
Colin_Walls
May 6, 2005
Do you want to email it to me [colin_walls AT yahoo DOT com] and I will take a look.
JS
Jim_Solt
May 6, 2005
I have done that.
CW
Colin_Walls
May 6, 2005
Right. I got you file. I opened Edit and dragged the file in. I couldn’t see anything odd about it. Just one layer with the coloured graphic. I could scribble on it with the brush tool.

What could we be doing different? I opened it with D&D, but File/Open is OK too. ARe you on Mac or PC? [I am on Win2K]
JS
Jim_Solt
May 6, 2005
I’m on a PC XP.
I can draw on it too, so I guess all is well. I tried to make a duplicate layer to work with, and that doesn’t work, so I went no further. That still doesn’t work, but I can work around it. Thanks.
Jim
CW
Colin_Walls
May 6, 2005
To add more layers, you need to convert to RGB first.
JS
Jim_Solt
May 6, 2005
Now, we’re in business. I’m thinking of changing my signature to SLOW LEARNER or JIMMY IS SLOW, BUT HE KEEPS TRYING :).
CW
Colin_Walls
May 6, 2005
How about "Slow, but willing"? 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections