D
Posted By
DLMST
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I’ve noticed that opacity won’t activate until you either type in "%" symbol in the box or click the slider arrow (which then adds the "%" to the box). Any fix for that?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
Jim_J
May 6, 2005
How are you doing this? At first I thought I could duplicate it… but as soon as I choose a tool or start painting for example… the percentage sign comes up anyway.
D
DLMST
May 6, 2005
It has happened everytime I try to "Control +" (zoom in) or "Control -" (zoom out) after entering a number in the slider field. It also occurs when I try to "rename" the layer immediately after entering a number. It appears you have to click on something else for the "%" to fill in and take affect. I don’t remember PE2 behaving this way.

Also, I’ve noticed that the SHADOWS/HIGHLIGHT > MIDTONES CONTRAST box has a glitch. When you highlight the default number in that box and type, say 20, it records it as "0+2" which is incorrect. The two other fields do not behave that way. When you type "20", it records "20".
JJ
Jim_J
May 7, 2005
Let me check… I’ll post back shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers
D
DLMST
May 7, 2005
Thanks Jim; no problem. I’ll look forward to your reply.

Cheers.
JJ
Jim_J
May 7, 2005
Okay…

I can duplicate the problem. I don’t know if Adobe will see this as a significant issue, but I get the point. That said, as soon as I click anything with any tool, the percent sign shows up and I can use the keys. If you hit the enter key… the percent sign also shows up… Don’t know if that helps to keep you on the keyboard. I assume the bigger issue is to keep using hot keys.

Did you include the description you described to me in the bug report? I think that part is significant.

Cheers
D
DLMST
May 7, 2005
Whew, glad you could duplicate it Jim. Ok, I won’t fret it.

Nope I haven’t filled out any "bug report". Are you referring to the "shadows/highlight" problem?
JJ
Jim_J
May 8, 2005
I meant for both details that you included. Sorry for the delay… daughter had a wee allergic response that required my attention for a bit.

Cheers
D
DLMST
May 8, 2005
Hi Jim. Allergic reactions can be quite serious. Hope all is well with your daughter!

Nope, didn’t fill out any bug report on either of them. I can go ahead and do that but don’t know where.

Cheers back at ya!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 8, 2005
Here is a link to the Bug Report:

<http://www.adobe.com/misc/bugreport.html>

Wendy
D
DLMST
May 8, 2005
Thanks Wendy!
JJ
Jim_J
May 8, 2005
Thanks Wendy. I’m still slow but improving… I think. 😉

Cheers
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 8, 2005
Jim …

You are doing just great 🙂

Wendy
D
DLMST
May 9, 2005
Thank you Jim!

Have a great week!
DLMST
JJ
Jim_J
May 9, 2005
Week? Oh goodness… you mean it’s starting AGAIN? 😉

Cheers
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 9, 2005
Jim,

Guess that cycle ride really upset your time clock 🙂 🙂 🙂

Wendy
JJ
Jim_J
May 9, 2005
Nahh… yesterday’s five hour wait in ER threw it off. I was hoping to study for an assignment due on Thurs (sigh)

I must have REALLY ticked off someone upstairs… No rest for the wicked apparently.

BTW, did I tell you how PROUD I was of the girls… My goodness, if not I’ll pop an OT up… Unreal for a 10 and 12 year old.

Cheers
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 9, 2005
Jim …

You haven’t told us anything yet … and I have been waiting to see how they went on.

Look forward to reading your OT 🙂

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections