SG
Posted By
Sue_Grady
May 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am about ready to throw out this stupid program. Just installed Photoshop Elements 3 and can’t figure out how in the heck to print a 5 x 7 on 5 x 7 photo paper. Can someone please HELP me? Can you please email me the directions, if possible? Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 6, 2005
In order to help you, people are going to need more information. Elements works in conjunction with your printer software when doing borderless prints. Please post the make and model of your printer, and also tell us what platform you use – Windows or Mac. Those details are critical to troubleshooting this kind of problem, so don’t expect a response until those questions are answered.
JJ
Jim_J
May 6, 2005
Have you tried rotating the image? Or using landscape… obviously don’t do both simultaneously.

FWIW, we don’t generally respond to email directly because it defeats the purpose of the forum. Other people can benefit from the solutions and it saves us from duplicating our efforts. We are end users like yourself.

Cheers
SG
Sue_Grady
May 6, 2005
In response to questions asked, and I appreciate your patience as I am new to this message board thing, I use a Toshiba laptop with XP and the printer is a Canon S820MG.
O
o3v3tz
May 6, 2005
Sue,

the printer is a Canon S820MG

Have you ever printed borderless 5×7 on this printer? Are you sure that your printer supports borderless for 5×7 and that you are using a paper type for which borderless is supported (generally canon photo pro or canon photo glossy plus)?

I looked on the canon website and saw information for the S820, but I did not find specific information for S820MG. However, for the S820 it looked like borderless was supported for 4×6 but not 5×7.

On your system, go to Control Panel, Printers and Faxes, right click on the entry for your S820MG and choose Properites, click on Printing Preferences. In the Printing Perferences, click in the Borderless box and then look at what the paper size choices are; is 5×7 listed?

If 5×7 is listed as supported for borderless for your printer then it should work from Elements. I have Windows XP and a Canon i950. I usually print borderless 4×6 or I print 2 5x7s on letter size paper.

If your printer does support the borderless 5×7 then it should work from Elements. Since my printer is also a Canon I can try to step you thru the process if no one else who posts has a closer match to your printer model.

Barb Olson

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections