KM
Posted By
keith_millsop
May 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought my PSE3 6 months ago and have downloaded photos from my digital camera. Now I want to scan family photos from the last 40 years and more and have them in date order. Scanning and getting them into the Organiser is not a problem. Naively, I thought that using the "Adjust date and time" would solve my problem but there was no such luck.
Is there a wise person out there who has an answer. Many thanks, Keith Millsop -Reading, England

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
May 5, 2005
I thought that using the "Adjust date and time" would solve my problem but there was no such luck

What do you mean? That’s exactly what you should be using. What’s the prob?
KS
Karin_Sue
May 5, 2005
I have Album 2.0 and have no trouble changing the date of my photos. I click on the date while in the photo well and have the option to change it. I can set just the year, year & month, year, month, and day, or year, month, day, and time. When viewing in date order, the less specific items appear at the top, ie those with just the year appear before the any dated the first of Jan, those with just the month appear before the first of that month, etc.

You might want to store your scanned photos in folders named by date. Then folder view would be another option.

Then of course you can put groups of photos into collections and drag and drop to whatever order you want.

What happens when you try to use adjust date and time? It seems to me that should do it.

Kari
JM
Joseph Meehan
May 5, 2005
wrote:
I bought my PSE3 6 months ago and have downloaded photos from my digital camera. Now I want to scan family photos from the last 40 years and more and have them in date order. Scanning and getting them into the Organiser is not a problem. Naively, I thought that using the "Adjust date and time" would solve my problem but there was no such luck. Is there a wise person out there who has an answer. Many thanks, Keith Millsop -Reading, England

I don’t know what your problem is. I started with Album 2.0 so I just checked it in Elements and it worked for me. I changed the date and it resorted.

Are you sure you don’t have some other sort order set? I don’t even know if there is a alternative sort order, but I would guess there is.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections