B
Posted By
bob733
May 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have PE3. I have two laywrs. Layer 1 is the ocean. Layer 2 is a person sitting in the water. The person has very sharp outline and I want to soften the part of his body that is in the water to make it look like he is really sitting in the water.

I have done selections on the persons body and selected feather at various PX amounts on the body touching the water and I can not get the persons body to soften (blend) into the ocean layer.

I have also tried to feather the oceanbut to no avail.

Can anyone help?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KS
Karin_Sue
May 4, 2005
After you feather a selection you need to do something with it to see any effect. Since your layer is in place, I would select the person, choose a feather, then fgo to select:inverse, then delete. This deletes around the person to your feather specifications.

You might want to try copying your ocean layer as layer 3 above the person and then adjust the opacity so that you can see your person through the ocean.

Make sure you save your originals before you try any of this.

Kari
MS
Mark_Sand
May 4, 2005
Try using the Blur Tool with a small soft brush and wiht layer 2 active blur the edges of the person. Also try checking the "Use All Layers" box and overlap the brush onto both the person edges and the water so that both are blurred.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections