PB
Posted By
Paul_Bracken
May 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I prefer to use Nikon Capture to correct color and exposure on my RAW image files (Nikon .NEF). I set up PSE3 to use capture as an external editor. When I select Capture from within the PSE3 organizer, it sends me to Capture. I make adjustments and save the file and then go back to PSE3. I then select "finish external editing" from the edit menu. The problem is that I always end up with 3 files. there are 2 copies of the edited image plus the original image. One of the edited images is stacked with the original in a version set, and retains the tags of the original, but then a second copy of the edited image is created. This third file is not stacked in the version set, and does not have the tags. I always end up having to delete this extra file from the organizer (and the harddrive).

The files are named as such:
Original file: DSC_0001.NEF
first edited file: DSC_0001 edited-1.NEF
second edited file: DSC_0001 edited-1-1.NEF

Anybody know of a workaround, or is this a bug?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
Jim_J
May 3, 2005
Paul,

I use Photoshop CS as the editor and it does NOT generate a third file. Here is the process I just tested (again):

PSE Organizer, choose image, edit with Photoshop, make changes, save, close.

After the close I am "teleported" back to PSE. Checking with Explorer there is not additional file created.

That is not to say that it may not be something between Nikon and PSE.

Cheers

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections