DA
Posted By
Doug_Astle
May 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just bought an Olympus E-300. I checked the info on the PSE3 download site. The information was that the E-300 was not supported in ACR. Be that as it may, I can open RAW images from the camera in PSE 3 without using the Raw 2 plug-in. Is there something that I missed on the site.

ACR 2.4; Windows XP; 512 Mb. RAM; Toshiba Satellite A30

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Roy
May 3, 2005
wrote in message
I have just bought an Olympus E-300. I checked the info on the PSE3 download site. The information was that the E-300 was not supported in ACR. Be that as it may, I can open RAW images from the camera in PSE 3 without using the Raw 2 plug-in. Is there something that I missed on the site.
ACR 2.4; Windows XP; 512 Mb. RAM; Toshiba Satellite A30

Hi there.

I don’t think the info for 2.4 is comprehensive. I tried using ACR to convert RAW images from my wife’s Fuji S5500, and it worked Ok. I presume all cameras must be listed somewhere, but it is not obvious where.

Roy G
SA
Sumit_Awasthi
May 4, 2005
Hi Doug,

If it is not listed in the Supported Camera lists, which means that Adobe is not certifying that it will work with that particular camera Raw Format.

But since Raw Format of a particular vendor wont vary too much from one another w.r.t different models. so it might be possible that it is able to import and work with Olympus E 300 Raw images since E1, E10 and E20 work with ACR. Thats an added bonus kind of thing. If its working with E 300, well and good but since it is not in the list so adobe is not claiming that it will work with this Camera Raw format correctly in all scenarios.

So enjoy it as long it is working with E 300 raw images.

Thanks,
Sumit

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections