RL
Posted By
Robert_Lightfoot
May 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to get PE3 to open my Epson 2450 scanner. The "Help" menu says. "(Mac OS) Choose Photoshop Elements>Preferences>Scanner (Mac OS)."

There is no such option ("Scanner")under my Preferences Menu.

I am running OSX 10.3 on a Mac G5.

How do I get PE3 to open my Epson 2450 scanner?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 2, 2005
Which was installed first, the scanner software or Elements? I put Elements on first, and then I loaded the software (had to download a current driver from Epson) for my 3200. I can access it from File>Import. I don’t have a G5, but I do run 10.3.
RL
Robert_Lightfoot
May 2, 2005
Thanks.

I had installed the scanner first, when I had OS 9.4 (or somesuch) on my G4. Later, under G5 I downloaded the update from the Epson site. (I had PSE 2 0on initially.) I just bought PSE 3 and put it on about a month ago. I will go back and re-install the scanner software and see where that gets me. I gather your access is under "Import", not directly under "Preferences as implied in the Help menu.

I had to buy Iris’ OCR software, as my 10.x Epson software no longer has OCR capability as the 9.x did.

More (or, hopefully, less) later.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 2, 2005
Yes, "Import". It’s a good thing I rarely use the Help files; I’d never get anything done. 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections