CW
Posted By
Colin_Walls
May 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone recommend a tool to recover accidentally deleted files from a CompactFlash card. I have not needed to do this and someone is seeking my advice. Obviously, some freeware would be nice, but something that works is really what we’re after.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 1, 2005
Another user reported this one worked for him:

<http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/>
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 1, 2005
Yes, I’ve heard from a lot of people that datarescue is great. One thing though, Colin. They may need to open the files first with Irfanview (GC for macs) and save them there before Adobe products will recognize them again.
CW
Colin_Walls
May 1, 2005
Thanks Tom. I did a more effective Google search before coming here for recommendations.
M
mazirion
May 1, 2005
In article ,
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a tool to recover accidentally deleted files from a CompactFlash card. I have not needed to do this and someone is seeking my advice. Obviously, some freeware would be nice, but something that works is really what we’re after.

I tried a couple freebie photo rescue programs (I’m on a Mac) with no luck at all. I tried PhotoRescue, as others have mentioned, and it worked. So I bought it. Only needed it once, so far, but it was worth it for the pictures I had somehow lost!
CW
Colin_Walls
May 1, 2005
I did find some freeware, which worked well enough – we recovered 11 of 16 images. For anyone interested, it came from here: <http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/smartrecovery.html>
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 2, 2005
Colin,

Thanks for the link and the report. I’ve downloaded and will test both xD and SmartMedia cards tomorrow. Always good to be prepared. 🙂

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections