P
Posted By
papanimmer
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using a Dell Inspiron 8500 native display video 15" display with the resolution settings at 1920X1200 which is the ‘optimum’ settings for viewing. Is there any way to increase the font and display items in PS CS? The font display seems like it is displaying in 8 font? I would like to keep this screen resolution, because if I go smaller, the images really do look jagged and the resolution degrades…

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Apr 29, 2005
Don’t know about PS CS (this is the Elements forum) but if it is the same as PE 1 and 3 the answer, so far, is no.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 29, 2005
My Mac, under Universal Access, can be set so the display can be magnified, without having to change the resolution of the monitor. I don’t use the feature, but I was testing it the other day on a laptop I shipped to my sister in law. Does Windows have something similar? I haven’t tried it for image editing, so it might produce jagged images too, but it also might be worth looking into.
G
GrampaHugs
Apr 29, 2005
Right click on the desktop, a little window will display with Properties at the botton, Click Properties, this will bring up a Display properties window, Click the Appearance tab. Set the ‘Font size: to Large or Extra Large & see if that helps.

Alex,
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 29, 2005
et the ‘Font size: to Large or Extra Large & see if that helps.

Unfortunately PE draws its own windows, so it doesn’t care about what you set for the system in Windows.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 30, 2005
I just tried using the Zoom feature on my Mac with PSE 3.0, and it’s really weird, although the quality didn’t suffer much, but I’m glad I don’t need to use it. I’ll just stick with my lower res monitor and be happy.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections