CA
Posted By
Cathy_A_Johnson
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a new elements user and trying to crop off junk and then resize to a standard size (4×6) print. Does Elements 3 have the capability to resize to a standard size after excessive cropping? I had all the pictures perfect and then couldn’t figure out how to get them to standard sizes. Frustrating! Been reading HELP and tutorials with no luck! Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
Graham
Apr 29, 2005
Use the Crop tool set to 4 x 6
Expand & place the frame where you want it
then Right-click & select "Crop"

wrote in message
I am a new elements user and trying to crop off junk and then resize to a standard size (4×6) print. Does Elements 3 have the capability to resize to a standard size after excessive cropping? I had all the pictures perfect and then couldn’t figure out how to get them to standard sizes. Frustrating! Been reading HELP and tutorials with no luck! Thanks
JS
Jeffrey Seidel
Apr 29, 2005
Select the crop tool and look at the toolbar. There are settings there (height & width) that will allow you to set the crop size to specific dimensions. That will allow you to crop to the exact size you need. You can resize any image as well (Image > Resize), you will probably want to constrain the proportions so that there isn’t axis stretching/shrinking. If you are resizing by a large amount, make sure you divide it up into several steps, the algorithms maintain an image’s integrity better if you avoid doing large scale resizes in a single step.
CF
Callum_Ferguson
Apr 29, 2005
Cathy.
In addition to Jeffrey’s comments, all good stuff, perhaps you should consider when taking the pics to use your zoom and do the composition properly, doing away with the need to crop ( often).
Also why not consider using half an A4 as your size or as near as is practical, a bit better use of paper, if I remember rightly paper described as 6×4 does not actually measure that, been a lot of puzzled people here re that.
If your camera is less that 2Mpx you really can’t afford to bin pixels, which is what you do when cropping.
Don’t worry about using only half a sheet, you’ll find your printer is has no problems with that, mine, an antique Epson 680 can use strips passport pic size with no problems.
Regards
Malcolm
JM
Joseph Meehan
Apr 29, 2005
wrote:

You may want to keep in mind that you need to crop for the finished image size (if you use a border the image size is not the paper size) and the ratio of say a 4X6, is not the same of a 5×7 or 8×10 and you may want some of that cropped image back if you are printing to a different size.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections