GM
Posted By
gerardo_martinez
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m completely new to this but I’m wondering how hard it is to create that sunflower face picture in the Elements 3.0 welcome screen, and if it’s not too hard how would you do it? For example, is that sunflower buried somewhere in Elements or is it simply a photo someone imported into Elements? Thanks!

-Gerry

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 28, 2005
I don’t quite understand your question, as there is no sunflower in the PSE 3 splash. I guess you’re saying that you want to make it look like PSE 2.

The splash is generated from a graphic file: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\shared_assets\bitmaps\PSE_Splash.png – you could modify that.
PA
Patti Anderson
Apr 28, 2005
There’s plenty of stock sunflower photos here you can use. Look under Nature>Gardens: <http://www.freefoto.com/>

First of all work on duplicates and keep your originals unchanged. To put the face in the sunflower, open both the face photo and the sunflower photo. Use the Lasso tool to make a rough selection around the face — include more than you will need as it doesn’t have to be exact as this point. Switch to the Move tool and drag the face selection over to the sunflower (or use Copy the selection and Paste in on the sunflower image). Adjust the position of the face as needed. Now, with the Eraser tool and a soft brush, erase the edges of the sunflower so that they blend into the sunflower.

I think that’s the easiest way if you are new to PSE, but it’s definitely not the only way. Hang around this forum long enough and you’ll discover there are at least 10 ways to accomplish a task in PSE!! 🙂

Patti

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections