RS
Posted By
Robert_Savlov
Apr 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There must be a simple solution for this. When I attempt to burn my photos to a CD, all the Portrait shots (which properly show as portrait photos in Organizer) end up in Landscape format on the CD. Why???? -How can I overcome this??? Thanks–RPS

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 27, 2005
How are you looking at them on the CD?

If you have a camera that detects the orientation automatically, it just sets a flag. That is not respected by all software.
RS
Robert_Savlov
Apr 27, 2005
My camera does not detect the orientation automatically–I set the orientation by rotating the photos in my camera and then downloaded to Elements–when I look at my photos in Element organizer the orientation is as it should be–I don’t have to adjust–but when I burn to a CD with Elements–all is in Landscape mode–so that my Portrait pics are on their side–?????????
CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 27, 2005
I set the orientation by rotating the photos in my camera

That probably just set the flag.

I repeat: how are you looking at the images on the CD?
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 27, 2005
I repeat: how are you looking at the images on the CD?

Collin wants desperately to know with which software, if anything other than Windows Explorer are you viewing the images on the CD.

Ray
RS
Robert_Savlov
Apr 28, 2005
sorry–I didn’t understand the question–I’m looking at the images with the windows slideshow software and I guess as you said that windows does not recognize the flags set up by my camera (or by PSE)–how else can I view them in a slideshow format–when I use a TV monitor directly thru my camera, the images are not clear–when I make a CD (using PSE) and put them in a DVD viewed thru my TV–same results–everything is in Landscape—-
O
o3v3tz
Apr 28, 2005
Robert,

Several options that I can identify

– If you have a TV DVD player that can display JPEG (.jpg) files, try it and see if it recognizes the Orientation flag – odds are not good but it is simple to try if your DVD player supports playing jpegs. This photo quality might or might not be better than the directly from the camera connection.

– This approach has worked for some people but not all. If your photos are jpegs, the odds are probably good. You might make a copy (File > Duplicate) of the photo first. Select the copy of the photo, rotate it 90 degrees to the right and then 90 degress back again. Should look the same in the Photo Browser again after the second rotation. Now burn it to the CD – or actually just display it with Windows Explorer to see if it shows as portrait. If this works, you can multiple select and rotate in the photo well.

– Make an Elements Simple Slideshow creation in the Organizer where you have choices on which resolution of the photo to use – including resolutions higher than are possible on your TV. This slideshow becomes a PDF file and runs under the free Adobe Reader. The PDF file can be written to a CD.

– Use a slideshow program that does recognize photo orientation.

Barb Olson
RS
Robert_Savlov
Apr 29, 2005
thanks–I’ll try them all—-RPS

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections