tldri01
Apr 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Custom Slideshows that use raw images for showing on computers. Please help

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

VM
Vibha Malhotra
Apr 27, 2005
Hi,
Please elaborate a little so that we can help you on your problem.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 27, 2005
Why do you have to create the slideshow using RAW images? I’m not just being nosy, but it seems like a strange thing to do. If we know what you’re trying to accomplish, maybe someone can come up with a workaround.

Most cameras that shoot in RAW also generate thumbnails so you can see what the image will look like. Isn’t a RAW file just a bunch of zeros and ones? (Or am I publicly displaying my ignorance?!)
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 27, 2005
Beth is right, RAW images can’t be easily used in many software, not for the use you want to make of them. Usually, you’d have to convert into TIFF, JPEG or PNG before using them.

I’m on a Mac, so I tried a little something… And now I’m totally amazed… I dropped a bunch of RAW files on iPhoto’s window… Import is running… Raw tag is displayed… Click on the instant slideshow… And tadam !!!!!!!!!!!! Iphoto 5 allows slidewhows from RAW files !!! Another trick of Apple 🙂

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 27, 2005
Well, I just saw another post from you (original poster) in another thread:

tldri01 – 9:13pm Apr 26, 05 PST (#2 of 3)

Use PixPlay if you wish to create a slideshow that works on computers. It uses the raw images for that and so does nothing to compress them. I don’t understand why that is not an option for Elements slideshows. I am soooooo disapointed. Not everyone wnats their slideshow on a TV.

And you posted the above before you started this new topic. I’m sooo confused.

Nice catch Ray! 🙂
LY
lu_yaa
Apr 29, 2005

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections