OT: Waaaah! I’m going to miss this forum!

JS
Posted By
Jeffrey Seidel
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Adobe hit a price point I can afford. I broke down and upgraded to PSCS2 for $149 (USD). I had an old version of PS 5.5 lying around that I had registered ages ago. I’d kinda forgotten about it and called Adobe Customer Support about an unrelated issue when the young lady on the phone asked me which account of mine I was inquiring about. I had no idea what she was talking about … then I remembered. She gave me the information about upgrading and the deal was too sweet to refuse.

So, while I’ve never been a prolific poster, I have enjoyed the banter and relatively frictionless dialogues that prevail in this forum as a frequent reader. Once PSCS2 arrives (was just told it should be here by the weekend), I’ll probably have to move on to the PSCS forums to catch up on the learning curve. It’s been a real pleasure reading and occasionally interacting here. The PS forums seem a bit more … err … heated at times. Anyway, best wishes to all! I just hope I can juggle time enough to continue reading here as well.

Jeffrey

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TM
Tom Murray 1
Apr 26, 2005
I have had similar thoughts, now that I have ordered CS2. However I am not even going to install it until I work through all of Barbara B’s book.
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 26, 2005
Heh, heh, heh. You’ll probably be back. 🙂 Unless, of course, it’s changed a whole lot over the past few months.

Enjoy PSCS; it is cool.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Apr 26, 2005
Yes, he’ll be back…they always come back 😉
BB
brent bertram
Apr 26, 2005
There are a lot of us with the full Photoshop as well as Elements, Jeff, but this is just a better place to be. Of course , if you want "burn out", you could monitor the Photoshop, Elements, and Color Management forums . Lot’s of lively discussion going on , doing it that way .

🙂

Brent
RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2005
What’s the name of the guy… Jerry Springner ? Something like:

"Live, from the Adobe Photoshop for Window forum, Springner’s show tonight features the pros and cons of the Magic Wand" And then, seconds later, erasers are thrown at the audience, there’s a fight, we can see someone’s transparency being revealed, a lady faint in liquify form, two guys got flatten and merged as the crowd started to run around the studio…

Again, Welcome to the Full Photoshop Forum. A place to get your daily insult dosage, and to make new… argument buddies..

You get the idea 🙂

I’ve had PS7 and now PSCS for more than two years. I’ve ventured there for, like, 2 weeks. Then it was enough. They were complaining about I can’t remember what, it was totally childish, and the moderator never seemed to be there.

If you have questions about full Photoshop, run them here first. Service with a smile, at a price which can’t be beaten 🙂

Ray
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 26, 2005
You’d be surprised at how many of the regulars here are Photoshop users in addition to PSE. They’re a weird bunch over there at PS forum. I’d keep this forum bookmark handy.
LM
Lou_M
Apr 26, 2005
Congratulations, Jeffrey. Movin’ up with the big boys & gals!

Recently I downloaded PS CS to try it out; my 30 days are up soon. It was easier to use than I thought–it doesn’t suffer from PSE’s split personality.

I have occasional thoughts about moving to PS CS (CS2 doesn’t seem all that different) for the automation aspect. Oh, and (editable) curves. Other than that, PSE3 does everything I need (and I’m lovin’ Barbara’s book).

But PS CS is just too much money for the 2 features I want–unfortunately, I don’t have an old copy lying around. 🙂 I keep checking eBay, but it’s way overpriced there, too. Maybe with CS2 shipping, CS will get cheaper on eBay.
JS
Jeffrey Seidel
Apr 27, 2005
Other than that, PSE3 does everything I need

For the most part, I felt the same. However, I was getting tired of having to use workarounds in PSE to accomplish some of the things that are almost one click in PSCS. While I can still ‘get by’ using PSE, I felt the price to move to PSCS2 was finally at the point where it would be silly for me not to go to PSCS2.

The other thought I had was that the direction PSE will probably head in future versions will make it less and less compatible with my personal overall needs and workflow. What many other users might consider features, I consider application bloat. The Organizer is an example of that. I spent more time initially with PSE3 making durn sure the Organizer was dead and could never rear its ugly head around me again, than I did looking at the new editor additions. I prefer software with a smaller focus than what PSE will most likely continue to develop into.

Anyway, for myself … the price was right. Once the girl on the phone told me $149, I didn’t even have time to blink before I had my credit card out and was begging her to take my order.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections