AA
Posted By
Andrew_Albert
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m thinking about taking the plunge and switching from a Windows environment to an Apple Mac system. But before I do, I have a couple of key questions: (A) Will the tags I’ve assigned to thousands of photos using Photoshop Album in Windows transfer to the Album function in Photoshop Elements 3.0 for MACs? Please tell me I won’t have to retag all those shots. (B) If so, are the tags transferred automatically when when I transfer the photo files or are there steps I have to take? If so, what are they. (C) Finally, are Photoshop Album tags recognized by iPhoto5?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 26, 2005
the Album function in Photoshop Elements 3.0 for MACs

The Mac version of PSE does not have Organizer. You will need to use some other program. The tags can be transferred as IPTC keywords.
AA
Andrew_Albert
Apr 26, 2005
Thanks for the quick response, but ouch, no PSE organizer for Macs! If the tags are transferred as IPTC keywords (don’t know what they are), would they be fully recognized by the organizer function of iPhotos5?
CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 26, 2005
If the tags are transferred as IPTC keywords (don’t know what they are)

That is part of the metadata stored in the image files. You need to write it explicitly. There is a command on the Organizer File menu.

would they be fully recognized by the organizer function of iPhotos5?

I believe iPhoto can handle them. Lot’s of people around here use iPhoto, so maybe they can comment. However, they won’t be "fully recognized" as any hierarchy is not preserved.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections