AT
Posted By
A.Translator
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After a disastrous crash I had to reinstall Windows and all my applications. I have just come to reinstalling PE3 and searched this group for the solution to a problem I know had been posted before.

Only, I cannot find what I am looking for:
How do I replace the yucky (well, that is my opinion) short cut icon on the desktop by the lovely sunflower that PE2 had?

I seem to remember the solution had you go into the old PE2 files, but I’d rather not reinstall PE2 as well just for the sunflower. Could I grab it from the CD?

Thanks!

Groet,
Adriana.
[Throw rubbish out if you want to reach me by e-mail]

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 25, 2005
Adriana,

Right-click the ugly shortcut icon on your desktop, and choose Properties. Then choose the "Shortcut" tab from within Properties. Then click the "Change Icon…" button.

From the Change Icon screen, click the "Browse…" button, and then hunt down a file which contains your preferred icon.

It may work if you place the PE2 CD in your drive, and then browse there to glean the icon from within one of the executable files.

Good luck,

Byron
AT
A.Translator
Apr 25, 2005
Op Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:56:26 -0700 schreef Byron Gale:

It may work if you place the PE2 CD in your drive, and then browse there to glean the icon from within one of the executable files.

I tried that, but I cannot find/ open the right file
Do you mean to say that any old icon would work?
It does not necessarily have to be an Adobe PE icon?

Thanks!

Groet,
Adriana.
NS
Nancy_S
Apr 25, 2005
Adriana,

Any icon you choose will be the one displayed.
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 25, 2005

Do you mean to say that any old icon would work?
It does not necessarily have to be an Adobe PE icon?

Adriana,

Yes… you can adopt any icon to use for your shortcut using the method I described.

Byron
AT
A.Translator
Apr 26, 2005
Op Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:02:49 -0700 schreef :

Any icon you choose will be the one displayed.

Thank you both!
I had no idea that was possible…

Groet,
Adriana.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections