DB
Posted By
Don B
Mar 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way other then doing a screen capture that you can place a grid on a picture then print it along with the grid? I have tried looking at the online help and also in a book I have on PE 2.0 and can’t find any mention of printing grids. I do know it doesn’t work with just a print command.

My wife is learning to paint and draw and sometimes would like to do this so she has a reference. If this isn’t possible with PE 2.0 does anyone know of some software that will let you do this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Charley
Mar 27, 2005
You can make a new layer and then create a grid of your own on it by using the rulers and drawing whatever you want. When you print the photo it will also print, but since it is on another layer, it will be possible to turn it off or delete it later to print the photo without it again.

You could also drag the grid layer to another photo and use it again. Your original grid will be pixel dependent, so you will need to have the same ppi as the original photo to get the same results.

Charley

"Don B" wrote in message
Is there any way other then doing a screen capture that you can place a grid on a picture then print it along with the grid? I have tried looking at the online help and also in a book I have on PE 2.0 and can’t find any mention of printing grids. I do know it doesn’t work with just a print command.

My wife is learning to paint and draw and sometimes would like to do this so she has a reference. If this isn’t possible with PE 2.0 does anyone know of some software that will let you do this?
B
Boskey
Mar 27, 2005
This seems like a lot of work. Go into edit>preferences>grid, then make the changes to the grid to suit your preferences. Then, simply open your picture and go to View and check grid to turn ON the grid function.

"Charley" wrote in message
You can make a new layer and then create a grid of your own on it by using the rulers and drawing whatever you want. When you print the photo it will also print, but since it is on another layer, it will be possible to turn it
off or delete it later to print the photo without it again.
You could also drag the grid layer to another photo and use it again. Your original grid will be pixel dependent, so you will need to have the same ppi
as the original photo to get the same results.

Charley

"Don B" wrote in message

B
Boskey
Mar 27, 2005
Sorry, I noticed you mentioned printing of the grids late and sent this out in error.

"Jimmy" wrote in message
This seems like a lot of work. Go into edit>preferences>grid, then make the changes to the grid to suit your preferences. Then, simply open your picture and go to View and check grid to turn ON the grid function.
You can make a new layer and then create a grid of your own on it by using
the rulers and drawing whatever you want. When you print the photo it will
also print, but since it is on another layer, it will be possible to turn it
You could also drag the grid layer to another photo and use it again. Your
original grid will be pixel dependent, so you will need to have the same ppi

Charley

"Don B" wrote in message

PD
postman delivers
Mar 28, 2005
"Jimmy" wrote in message
This seems like a lot of work. Go into edit>preferences>grid, then make
the
changes to the grid to suit your preferences. Then, simply open your picture and go to View and check grid to turn ON the grid function.
You can make a new layer and then create a grid of your own on it by
using
the rulers and drawing whatever you want. When you print the photo it
will
also print, but since it is on another layer, it will be possible to
turn
it
You could also drag the grid layer to another photo and use it again.
Your
original grid will be pixel dependent, so you will need to have the same ppi

Charley

"Don B" wrote in message
Is there any way other then doing a screen capture that you can place a grid on a picture then print it along with the grid? I have tried looking at the online help and also in a book I have on PE 2.0 and
can’t
find any mention of printing grids. I do know it doesn’t work with just a print command.

Don,

I had a grid but it left with a computer, and a room mate… I have not needed one since that project… I enjoy the way Photoshop allows a pull-down of a single line rather than a grid like Elements uses. But you will need to acquire one, or create one…

Look at this lesson, and adapt it to produce your grid… since there is not a pen tool in Elements
http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/tv/tv.htm

Here is a link to a protractor – that you will need one day. www.myjanee.com/protractor.htm

Maybe Pledge will have one… or someone else will have one already made, or a weblink link to a pattern for you.

Don, as you continue to use Photoshop, Elements or illustrator you will build & save a lot of these overlays, save them as Photoshop file (.*PSD) so you can use them over and over again…

There is no reason to reinvent the wheel every time, build it, use it and save it and use it again…

JR the postman

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections