L
Posted By
larrylook
Jan 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to crop an 8×10" portion of a picture with pse, the picture often moves around on me, rather than staying still. I’d like to fix it in a stable position on my computer screen. Can I lock the scrollbars or get rid of them, temporarily?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PD
postman delivers
Jan 1, 2005
"larrylook" wrote in message
When I try to crop an 8×10" portion of a picture with pse, the picture
often
moves around on me, rather than staying still. I’d like to fix it in a stable position on my computer screen. Can I lock the scrollbars or get
rid
of them, temporarily?
larrylook,

No I do not believe you can lock scrollbars, but they do go away when your photo is entirely inside the work box.

When I want to crop a large image, I normally use the zoom tool to reduce the size of the photo until if is smaller than the working box. I always reset the rulers from where I want the crop to start, and I use the Marquee Rectangle instead of the crop tool. It is the way I learned in Photoshop 6. However elements has a crop tool that will accept measurements, and it shadows the area that will disappear so can be a useful tool. The crop tool is a redundancy for the Marquee Rectangle and careful use of the ruler to crop.

That is what I love about Adobe products their is normally a dozen different ways to accomplish the same thing, and we learn one or two and it works. Making it work is what I find is important in software, finding a way to accomplish what we want.

Adobe’s crop instructions are in help menu index… All I would add to their instructions is the zoom out so you can see the entire photo in the work area, and stabilize your working area.

1. Display rulers (Crtl+R)
2. Left click on Zoom Tool > hold down the Alt key (zoom tool changes from a + to a -) left click until the photo is inside the box. This provide me with a overall view of how the photos is going to look when cropped.
3. Left click in the corner of the ruler and drag it to the upper left point
of where I am going to start my crop. That way I can measure the crop from a specific place.
5. Left click choosing the marquee Rectangle draw your 8×10 area, and then you can see it or move the rectangle around, adjust it to the best view possible in your eyes.

Then complete the crop

JR

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections